Metro Drug Coalition
Metro Drug Coalition (MDC) is a nonprofit organization striving to create a healthy and safe community, free of substance misuse. We have served the Knoxville community for 36 years. Our goal is to increase access to evidence-based prevention education, harm reduction programs and recovery support services for anyone desiring to maintain or seek a life free from substance misuse. Through community collaborative efforts, we can all strengthen families and prevent future generations from the devastating consequences of addiction.
The bookkeeper is responsible for the daily financial management of the organization.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to capably perform the functions of a bookkeeper and have a passion to work in non-profit organizations. This position will work closely and will directly report to the Executive Director.
As a bookkeeper, your responsibilities will include:
- Recording transactions in ledgers, preparing trial balances and simple financial statements using computer software programs, typically Quickbooks and Quickbooks online.
- Reconciling accounts to control accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Performing schedule computations of accruals, property and equipment, and calculating depreciation expense.
- Keying payroll and accounting transactions for various clients and maintaining a working knowledge of payroll services
- Grant budget preparation, preparing monthly and quarterly invoices on grant funded programs
- Performing review procedures as assigned by supervisor
- Prepare for annual audits as well as working on 990 preparation
- Preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements and grant budget reports
- Performing other accounting duties as needed and assigned by supervisor
Education, experience, and skills we are looking for:
- Full charge bookkeeping experience, general ledger experience and significant accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in use of computers, calculators and computer accounting programs.
- QuickBooks is required.
- Preferred experience in non-profit bookkeeping
- Preferred experience preparing and managing grant budgets
For persons interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references no later than December 23rd by emailing Karen Pershing at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Metro Drug Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free/drug-free workplace.