Metro Drug Coalition, Inc.
Part-time Project Director
The Metro Drug Coalition is a non-profit organization that serves as the drug abuse prevention, professional training and public awareness arm of Knoxville and Knox County
Mission: To improve the health of the greater Knoxville community by reducing the use of alcohol and other substances through prevention, harm reduction, and recovery support.
Vision: A healthy and safe community free of substance misuse
The MDC Project Director duties include:
- Assists the Executive Director with MDC regional OB/GYN partnership efforts including community education forums, community workshops, and leadership training.
- Create and submit quarterly grant progress reports.
- Track efforts to ensure project goals, objectives, activities, and evaluations are being successfully completed in a timely manner.
- Assist Executive Director with recruiting and engaging future coalition partners.
- Collaborate, maintain, and coordinate the efforts of the project’s Academic Detailers
- Continually upgrade and revise marketing, development, and research collateral to support the initiatives’ goals and objectives.
- Maintain all records.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
- Attend required grantee meetings.
- Four-year college degree in health education, healthcare, or another related field
- Two years’ experience working with collaborative initiatives.
- Must maintain a valid Tennessee Driver’s license and show proof of insurance.
- Ability to plan professional conferences, including applications for continuing medical education credits.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse stakeholders to achieve shared objectives.
This is a 25 hour per week position at $38.00 per hour contracted (1099) position without benefits. Grant funding is available for one year, with the potential of an additional 2-year renewal, depending on grant performance.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free, smoke free workplace.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples to Karen Pershing, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2023. No phone calls please!