Metro Drug Coalition, Inc.
Lifeline Regional Director
Closing Date: October 23, 2020
Metro Drug Coalition is the only non-profit agency in Knoxville that offers community-directed, family-driven and youth-focused strategies to prevent substance misuse. MDC works to mobilize the entire community against the abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
The Lifeline Project was established to reduce stigma related to the disease of addiction and to increase community support for policies that provide for treatment and recovery services.
- Must be a person in recovery and maintained sobriety for a minimum of two years
- Experience preferred in health education, social work or health-related field
- Must be willing to do extensive travel for meetings and state trainings throughout the sixteen county region (Region 2)
- Must be willing to complete the required training to become a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist with the State of Tennessee or already possess the certification
- Submit to a background check prior to employment
- Maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license and show proof of insurance
- Experience in developing and giving presentations to individuals and/or groups
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
MDC Lifeline Regional Coordinator duties include:
- Establish and maintain regional partnerships and efforts including community education presentations, community workshops, including outreach to faith-based organizations
- Assess regional addiction, recovery support group activities for the region by county
- Conduct a capacity assessment for the region
- Implement a strategic plan based on the capacity assessment and needs in the region
- Advocate for policy and practice changes in the region to reduce the stigma of substance abuse
- Advocate for recovery program expansion, specifically Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous support groups
- Maintain all records
- Track efforts to ensure project goals, objectives, activities and evaluations are being successfully completed
- Enter weekly reports into the state’s data system and submit monthly reports on a quarterly basis
- Phone referrals for treatment, counseling and/or other needs may be necessary
- Attend required grantee meetings (3) and become certified as a Peer Specialist with the State Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Attend Region 2 TNPAC quarterly meetings
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or executive director
For persons interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than October 23, 2020 by emailing Jason Goodman at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Metro Drug Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace.