- Talk with your child about alcohol.
- Be a good role model.
- Disapprove of underage drinking.
- Reinforce that underage drinking is against the law.
- Supervise your child.
- Recognize problem behavior and seek help when necessary.
Laws About Underage Drinking
- No one under the age of 21 is permitted to purchase, consume, or possess alcohol.
- No one under the age of 21 is permitted to drive while impaired by alcohol.
- No one under the age of 21 is permitted to knowingly use false identification (Fake ID) or lie about his/her age for the purposes of obtaining alcohol.
- Parents and guardians of children under the age of 21 are not allowed to knowingly allow the child to buy or possess alcohol.
- If you are 18 or older and you provide minors with alcohol, you can be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
When convicted, you could spend up to 11 months and 29 days in jail and be fined up to $2,500.