What is the Lifeline Project?
The Lifeline Project was established to reduce stigma related to the disease of addiction and increase community support for policies that provide for treatment and recovery services. Project approaches will include establishment of Evidence-Based Addiction & Recovery Programs, as well as educational presentations for civic groups, faith based organizations, and community leaders to increase understanding of the disease of addiction and support for recovery strategies. For more information, click here.
Through regional partnerships, we plan to establish a continuum of care for adolescents and adults who suffer from substance abuse disorder. The addiction treatment communities in East Tennessee are overwhelmed with the opioid epidemic facing our region. There are currently very little resources in Region II for individuals struggling with addiction. It is our mission to engage community leaders in a dialog that will help in the establishment of better residential treatment options.
What Are We Doing in Region 2?
Lifeline is exploring how Alternative Peer Group (APG) services are providing an environment for adolescents to thrive in recovery from substance abuse. We believe that we have a need in our region for these teen recovery support services. Local leaders are paying attention to the success of these APGs combined with Recovery High Schools featured in the documentary Generation Found. For more information about the film visit http://generationfoundfilm.com/
MDC and the Lifeline Director will be serving the Faith-Based Initiatives Project in our region. The Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS) will build a cohesive prevention, treatment, and recovery network with Faith-Based Organizations to support a common goal of strengthening individuals and families and ultimately restoring our communities. For more information, click here.
Our goal is to inform people in our communities about addiction as a three-fold disease. Just as addiction is physical, mental, and spiritual disease, the recovery process is physical, mental, and spiritual. We are working to make long-term recovery available to anyone and everyone with a willingness to find a new way to live.
Looking for a Lifeline Director in your area?
- Director: Jason Abernathy
- Cell: 423-384-6150
- Email: email@example.com
- Counties Served: Hancock, Hawkins, Sullivan, Greene, Washington, Uncoi, Carter, Johnson
- Director: Jason Goodman
- Cell: 865-321-7107
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counties Served: Scott, Campbell, Claiborne, Morgan, Anderson, Union, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Roane, Loudon, Monroe, Blount, Sevier, Cocke
Region 3 North
- Director: Nathan Payne
- Cell: 865-266-9764
- Email: email@example.com
- Counties Served: Macon, Clay, Pickett, Smith, Jackson, Overton, Fentress, Putnam, Dekalb, White, Cumberland, Warren, Van Buren
Region 3 South
- Director: Dave Hodges
- Cell: 931-709-1161
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counties Served: Grundy, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Rhea, Meigs, Marion, Hamilton, Bradley, McMinn, Polk
- Director: Kirk Johnson
- Cell: 615-715-1017
- Email: Kirk@npponline.org
- County Served: Davidson
Region 5 North
- Director: Steve Shates
- Cell: 615-506-8513
- Email: email@example.com
- Counties Served: Stewart, Montgomery, Robertson, Sumner, Houston, Humphreys, Dickson, Cheatham, Williamson, Rutherford, Cannon, Wilson, Trousdale
Region 5 South
- Director: Allen Burnette
- Cell: 931-308-7689
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counties Served: Perry, Hickman, Maury, Marshall, Bedford, Coffee, Wayne, Lewis, Lawrence, Giles, Lincoln, Moore, Franklin
Region 6 North
- Director: Drew Lester
- Cell: 731-514-0749
- Email: email@example.com
- Counties Served: Lake, Obion, Weakley, Henry, Dyer, Gibson, Crockett, Carroll, Benton
Region 6 South
- Director: Ashley Davis
- Cell: 731-513-0799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counties Served: Lauderdale, Tipton, Haywood, Madison, Chester, Henderson, Decatur, Fayette, Hardeman, McNairy, Hardin
- Director: Jack Wyatt
- Cell: 901-417-1982
- Email: email@example.com
- County Served: Shelby