Each week, Join Together News Service from the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids send out articles on different topics involving substance use. These articles range from things such as drug overdose rates to new FDA trials. For the staff at MDC, these articles keep us in the loop about what is going on in the nation around substance issues.
The following articles are the Top 10 most-read Join Together articles of January 2015. Please take the time to read or share these articles with your colleagues and community. The more that people know about these issues will result in that much more light being shed on the issues we have at hand!
1) New Device, “E-Joint,” Brings Together Marijuana and E-Cigarette
2) E-Cigarette Vapor Can Contain High Concentrations of Formaldehyde: Study
3) DEA Bans Three New Strains of Synthetic Marijuana
4) Drug Overdose Deaths May Peak in 2017: Study
5) Federal Judge to Rule on Whether Marijuana is Schedule I Drug
6) Heroin Overdose Deaths Rose 39 Percent in 2013: Report
7) “Synthetic Marijuana” – Nothing Like Real Marijuana, Expert Explains
8) Commentary: Federal Preemption of State Laws Regarding Medical Marijuana
9) FDA Approves Non-Opioid Painkiller Injection
10) Six Americans Die From Alcohol Poisoning Daily: CDC Report