[avatar user=”dhuddleston” size=”150″ align=”left”] National Prevention Week is a SAMHSA-supported annual health observance dedicated to increasing public awareness of, and action around, substance abuse and mental health issues.
Taking part in National Prevention Week means you have the opportunity to talk with your friends and family about the dangers of all types of substance abuse. This year’s focus is on the following topics:
- Sunday, May 18: Prevention and Cessation of Tobacco Use
- Monday, May 19: Prevention of Underage Drinking
- Tuesday, May 20: Prevention of Prescription Drug Abuse and Marijuana Use
- Wednesday, May 21: Prevention of Alcohol Abuse
- Thursday, May 22: Prevention of Suicide
- Friday, May 23: Promotion of Mental Health
I challenge you to make a difference in someone’s life, and your own, next week. Take the SAMHSA Prevention Pledge to give your commitment to healthy living and share any unique prevention stories you have with others. Share with your friends on social media and let us know you’ve pledged!
For more information on SAMHSA National Prevention Week, visit SAMHSA website.