Metro Drug Coalition, Inc.
Metro Drug Coalition is a non-profit organization that serves as the drug abuse prevention, professional training and public awareness arm of Knoxville and Knox County
Mission: To improve the health of the greater Knoxville community by reducing the use of alcohol and drugs through policy, systems and environment change
Vision: A healthy and safe community free of substance misuse
MDC Project Director duties include:
- Provide support services, organization and coordination of all community anti-drug coalition activities. Prevention programming should target specific populations including Knox County Schools, youth-serving organizations, the faith community, parents, medical professionals and others.
- Assists the Executive Director with MDC partnership efforts including community education forums, community workshops, and leadership training.
- Create and submit quarterly grant progress reports
- Track efforts to ensure project goals, objectives, activities and evaluations are being successfully completed in a timely manner
- Assist Executive Director with recruiting and engaging future coalition partners
- Recruit, maintain and coordinate the efforts of coalition volunteers
- Continually upgrade and revise marketing, development and research collateral to support the coalition’s goals and objectives
- Maintain all records
- Assist in agency grant writing, management and reporting
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Phone Referrals for treatment, counseling and/or other needs may be necessary
- Attend required grantee meetings
- Obtain and maintain Certified Prevention Specialist credential
The MDC Program Director provides support services when necessary to all other MDC staff, as well as programs and community involvement.
- Four year college degree in health education, social work, or other related fields
- Two years experience working with community groups, including youth
- Must submit to a background check prior to employment
- Must maintain a valid Tennessee Driver’s license and show proof of insurance
- Experience in grant writing, grants management and reporting preferred
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
MDC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Karen Pershing, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2019. No phone calls please!