In December 2014, MDC hosted the 2nd Annual Community Champion Awards. These awards were created to honor leaders in substance abuse prevention. These leaders have shown a strong commitment to substance abuse prevention and treatment within the Knoxville community. The MDC recognized seven recipients. These individuals were nominated by their colleagues in the following categories:
- Coalition Member of the Year- LaDonna Booker, New Life Lodge
- Innovations In Substance Abuse Prevention- Reverend Rebekah Fetzer, Susannah’s House
- Commitment to Service- Terry King, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- Media Advocacy- Robin Wilhoit, WBIR Channel 10
- Youth Leadership- Brandon Boring, The L&N Stem Academy student
- Recovery Services- Webster Bailey, Cornerstone of Recovery
- Celebrate Recovery- Kimberly Hope Witt, Harbours Gate
Congratulations to all of the recipients of the 2014 Community Champion Awards. The Metropolitan Drug Commission is honored to be partners with these extraordinary individuals.
Special Thanks to our sponsors: American Addiction Centers, New Life Lodge, Cornerstone of Recovery, Top Shelf Responsible Beverage Service and Graphic Creations.
Thanks also to the following planning committee members: Kim Pouncey, Kathryn Burklund and Kerri Thompson.