Have fun, but stay safe! If you need a safe ride home, call one of these taxi companies to pick you up. A cab fare is much cheaper than a DUI!
If you are the host:
- Make sure non-alcoholic drinks are offered.
- Serve fatty foods to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid serving salty foods.
- Serve plenty of water.
- Make sure everyone you serve is of legal drinking age.
- Do not let guests mix their own drinks.
- Take up keys at the door, and only give them back to a sober driver.
- Make sure your fire alarm is working.
If you are going out:
- Designate a driver before your first drink.
- Travel in groups.
- Keep track of how much you’ve had to drink.
- Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Never leave a drink unattended.
- Never accept a drink from a stranger.
- Buckle up, and make sure everyone else in your car is buckled.
- Drive cautiously because there may be intoxicated drivers on the road, especially between 10pm and 2am.